Monday, October 27, 2008

Poodle in Washington D.C.

This past week I spent a few several days visiting Poodle in Washington D.C. The best part was seeing her. Here are some of our adventures:

Baking: We made chiffon cupcakes (yummy and light)








and caramel apples.



Teaching physics: (actually Poodle taught, I watched.) They had a robot battle, which was quite exciting. (robots from her robotics class) and another class rode bikes down a hill and calculated their coefficient of friction for the ride.
Solving mysteries: The case of the vanishing chocolate-covered marshmallow clown face-on-a-stick.
Apple picking: (we ended up settling for a trip to the country store and me choosing a pumpkin from this pumpkin patch.)





Community service: We attended a "trunk or treat" at the local ward and gave out Halloween candy. Poodle and Rochelle dressed up as flowers.

Bargain hunting: With Poodle closeby, I managed to find two pair of jeans (regular price $99.00) for $7.97, and a cute scarf (regular price $38.00) for $5.00. It's amazing!

and finally Dining out: We ate at several great ethnic restaurants.

A perfect trip to D.C. Thanks, Poodle!

3 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

yummy! looks like a ton of fun!

Emily Hamilton said...

Yummmy and FUN! I'm sorry I called you back two days late. So sad I didn't see you. I want to go shopping with Poodle...she can find the best deals. Where did you go shopping????
Glad you had a great time!

Lindsey said...

Way to go, bargain shopper mom! I can't wait to see you in December!