Thursday, October 16, 2008

Don't you wish you lived in Mexico?

When I filled out the forms to volunteer at the hospital, they were very confused about my name. In Mexico names are passed down differently.

If we lived in Mexico, the names of my children (married or not) would be:
Bethany Reed Fagg
Ryan Reed Fagg
Brittany Reed Fagg
Ashley Reed Fagg
Carrie Reed Fagg
Lindsey Reed Fagg

If you don't like your last name, you can't marry someone to change it. Women keep their name, or they add de Peterson at the end. But the legal name would still be Bethany Reed Fagg.
Pretty fun, huh?

8 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

Thank goodness we live in the States! I like my name now, no one ever commented on my name before.

Lindsey said...

Wow, Lindsey Brooke Reed Fagg de Harper? Somehow that just doesn't have a ring to it.

MOM THE BOMB said...

No, it doesnt. Good thing you don't live in Mexico.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Hey, thanks for the redo on my blog. I LOVE IT!

Lindsey said...

Hi mom. I hope you like your new blog, because it was really easy. I don't even do anything anymore, I just get online templates. Okay well I did make your header. I guess I'm the family blog-makeover-er.

And it's not a new haircut, I just had an updo in that picture. I do need to get my hair cut soon though.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Love your updo! Love my new blog as well!

Bexie Funk said...

if names were passed down that way your name would have been wagstaff and not fagg, right?

MOM THE BOMB said...

Right. But I still would have married dad.