Monday, October 13, 2008

Great idea!

I've discovered they do things a little differently here in Mexico. Latest incident: As I attempted to exit our housing development the other day I was stopped by a man dressed in a bright (and I mean bright) red top hat and long-tailed suit. There were also posters in the median strip of our street with my neighbor's name in bold print: Teresa Cohen. Teresa is not only our neighbor, she is the official bookkeeper for the neighborhood association. Assuming she was running for public office, ( in which I was not interested, since I don't vote here), I ignored the signs, as well as the gentleman in the Cat in the Hat suit. He attempted to give me a flier, which I politely attempted to decline, to no avail. When I reached my destination, I read the paper, and, much to my surprise, Teresa Cohen was not running for public office. Apparently, she has not paid the company that provides 24 hour security for our housing complex. She (we) owe them a whopping $32,000 US. I'm not sure what the crazy outfit had to do with anything, but I can suspect he was thinking: Oh, oh, I know, if I wear a Cat-in-the-Hat suit and put posters in front of her house, surely that'll make her pay us the $32,000 she owes us. NOT! But nice try. We have, however, decided not to give her any more money, since it appears as though she's keeping it instead of paying our help.

4 comments:

bethy said...

i thought you stopped giving her $ a long time ago. if you didn't after the other stories i've heard, YOU'RE crazy.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Dad talked to her, and he told me she showed him receipts of the transactions. Apparently not! Most of the money is before we moved in, so we're not liable.

Bexie Funk said...

i was thinking the same thing as bethy. i'd like to punch that lady in the face! that's just rude.

Ashley Erin said...

you know people stopped saying NOT! in the early '90s.