Thursday, October 02, 2008

Happy Birthday, Fernash (a day early)

Since I will be in Dallas tomorrow, I won't be able to post on my blog. Hence, I will post Ashley's Birthday Blog one day early.

Ashley - a girl of many talents

Did you know that . . . Ashley loves ears - and grandpa



is a great fisherwoman,
is athletic,



and also fun-loving, sassy, and a little accident prone?











She came into the world in her own way - surprising everyone, especially the nurses. Good thing dad was there to "catch."
Other great remembrances of Ashley:
  • Talking to people at the gas station about how we couldn't afford the "supreme" gas (when she was two)
  • Talking non-stop in complete sentences before she was two
  • Wearing cowboy boots with a frilly dress to nursery (she insisted!)
  • Falling off a cliff in Slot Canyon (see above photo)
  • Staying out way too late in High School
  • Trying grandpa's wading boots and falling in Moosehorn Lake
  • Teasing the alligators at Brazos Bend State Park
  • Playing a saxaphone duet with me and laughing so hard she couldn't play
  • Getting bit by a dog at BYU
  • Being the "sharp-shooter" shortest girl on the BB team in Jr. High
  • Running everywhere
  • Playing kick the can in the street with the neighbors
  • Eating pie on the roof at Thanksgiving
  • Taking "fake" dates to grandma's for dinner to win brownie points
  • Driving the car through the back of the garage into our bedroom
  • Always spearheading the "fun"
Happy 26th Birthday, Fernash!!! I love you!

6 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

Thank you mommy! I still love ears!

Lindsey said...

Did you know that Brandon loves ears too? He once told me that i had very nice ears. I think that's the first compliment he ever gave me. I miss you already! Happy birthday!

Graytoppop said...

Mom left out how you got your cast wet when we went for a walk in the park in San Antonio.....

MOM THE BOMB said...

Oooooh, that would have been great! Maybe next year.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Ashley: I love ears too!! That is very interesting. Wow.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Great pics.