Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No watermelon today!

Today I was shopping in the produce department in Walmart trying to select a perfect watermelon - you know, green back, yellow belly. Apparently I got a little carried away with rolling the melon for the inspection and it rolled right off the counter. It clearly was way too ripe, as it splatted on the floor, sending ripe watermelon several feet in every direction. The produce manager caught my eye and I muttered a quick but very sincere "disculpe!" and made a quick exit. Oops!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Last summer I spilled a bottle of Powerade on the floor. One little kid ran through it and slipped. Then another kid came and wasn't bright enough to notice the other kid on the ground, so he fell, too.

Bexie Funk said...

that's hilarious, both of you! i'm sure that would be embarrassing mom.

Tricia said...

You're so lucky you get watermelon! I tried the other day to get one, but realized (thankfully before I got to the checkout) that it was $22!

BRANDON said...

the kids were pretty oblivious. Lindsey failed to mention their mother telling them to watch out for the spilt powerade.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, Tricia. I guess I wouldn't be buying watermelon. Fruit is SO cheap here. I usually pay only 2 dollars for a watermelon. And they're in season all year!