Thursday, July 10, 2008

No hablo Español

Today I went to the beautician to get a haircut, color, and style. I was taken upstairs to the color experts, even without an appointment. Maricel was my technician, and asked me (in Spanish) if I needed my hair cut and styled as well. I responded, ¨Si!¨(yes). A few moments later she turned to another customer and told her (in Spanish) that I did not speak Spanish and would she ask me (in English) if I wanted my hair cut and styled. The woman came to me and asked me the exact same thing again in English, that I had already answered. Again, I answered ¨Si!¨, because I'm a little stubborn. I was considering not returning, but they did such a FABULOUS job on my hair, so I guess I´ll swallow my pride and just brush up on my pronunciation of si.

This has been a pretty humbling year. I don´t think I can take much more humility.

No comments: