Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mi casa es tu casa . . .

but I'm not so sure you'd want some of these. Given that I've been a little bored this week, with no clinica movil running, I thought I'd post some of the interesting homes in our neighborhood.
They're not your regular tract homes


We'll start with the traditional. Actually, very nice. Very orange - the most popular color here.

This house looks like a funky airplane. You have to enter at the base and take an elevator up to the main living area (not that I've been inside - it's kind of assumed by the way it's built)

This one is dad-the-bad's favorite. It is built in a circle, and is almost completely enclosed in glass.
We call this baby the "sore thumb" because - well, it's ugly.



As you can see, people will go to great lengths here to have a yard. The support structure alone probably cost as much or more than the house sitting on top.This one is my favorite. It is built into a cliff. The protruding portion is the actual house.
An engineering wonder!

And in the same neighborhood - we have this little dwelling. Because the country recognizes "squatter's rights" you have people living on undeveloped land - in hopes that someday it will be theirs.
Which one would you choose?

4 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

poor poor mommy! i'm sorry you are so bored.

Bexie Funk said...

those are the weirdest looking houses I've ever seen. i'm pretty sure i'd stick with traditional or the glass one that dad likes.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yep. You should go inside some of them. Rooms without a plan

Lindsey said...

I have to say I like the traditional one the best. I'm sure Brandon will have very strong opinions on these houses. He always does.