Thursday, April 02, 2009

This makes me even more uncomfortable

Many people ask if we have been affected by the "drug war" here that has gained world-wide attention. I usually admit that I have only seen it on TV. Today, however, I was taking my usual route to the hospital through our lovely, peaceful neighborhood when I encountered a massive blockade of police cars with a crew of men dressed in black guarding the blockade pointing machine guns at me (and other drivers) to persuade us to turn down another street. I was persuaded. I would have taken a picture, but didn't have my camera, and I've heard it's not a great idea to take pictures of the police (or anyone else pointing a gun at you.)

1 comment:

Emily Hamilton said...

Ummm...I would feel a little uncomfortable with that. Does this happen often?? Sheesh!