Friday, April 03, 2009

our lovely neighbors . . .

Regarding the aforementioned police activity of my previous post, I found out today that they were capturing Vicente Carrillo Leyva #2 in command of the Juarez drug cartel. He was exercising in a park - the park which DTB and I have frequented on our sunday walks, approximately 1/2 kilometer from our home. His father, dubbed "Lord of the Skies" for sending entire planes filled with cocaine to the US, was considered the #1 drug trafficker in Mexico until he died in 1997 during plastic surgery trying to change his appearance. If you want to read the article, go to my gmail inbox or ask me to send it to you. (the link won't work from blogger) And you guys thought I was going to be bored here!

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

seriously when are you moving back? it may be a bit too exciting now.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I'm not too sure, but it's looking a little scary here - of course my reasons for wanting to move back have nothing to do with the drug wars.