Thursday, February 05, 2009

sweet, savvy Mabel

I had a great weekend visiting kids in Houston. We took the grandkids to the zoo, where we had a great time. Toward the end of our visit we passed a cotton candy stand. Being a fan, I asked if it would be OK if I bought the grandkids (Mabel, Caroline, Devin and Annie) some cotton candy. I purchased a bag with two layers, blue and pink. Being the girlie girl she is, Mabel requested only pink cotton candy. After eating what I thought was enough, I told the girls they could have a little more, and then we were wrapping it up to take home. Caroline would get to take home the blue, and Mabel the pink. Mabel looked at me and immediately dove into the bag, grabbing fist-fuls of blue cotton candy and devouring them. Pretty savvy! Although I always thought Mabel was Peterson through and through, I now realize she did get something from me - my sweet tooth. But I'll still have to give the Petersons credit for the smarts.

2 comments:

tiffanie said...

i haven't heard from you for a while, you usually leave something everyday, glad you are home so you can post more! When the little one goes to sleep this is usually what i do!!!

Bexie Funk said...

she's hilarious! i love that girl!