Friday, September 05, 2008

Learning

We experienced a family tragedy this past week. Although there was almost unbearable pain and heartbreak, we also had tender moments that I will cherish always. It was an experience I would never hope for, but one that brought tremendous insights. First, and most importantly, I learned how much I love my sisters. I was able to witness the incredible strength of my youngest sister, and the sensitivity and compassion of my middle sister. I watched as my sister's children rallied around her and came together as a family with tremendous courage, devotion, and support of one another. I witnessed unending acts of charity and love towards her family by neighbors, countless friends, and church members. Bountiful, Utah has some amazing people! I learned the importance of family and our role in uplifting one another. I witnessed the tender compassion and inspiration of leaders of our church. I learned how refreshing and healing the humor and candor of a six-year-old can be. And last, but not least, I learned that I need to chill out and not worry so much about myself and re-creating my professional life. Thanks, Cindy, for being my inspiration. I love you and your great family.

2 comments:

Graytoppop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Foster Mom said...

It was really great to meet you! You amazed me as well, you were there for every single person in that family and were always so calm and helpful! I know Cindy really needed you there. Good luck in Mexico, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Katie Foster (Steves neice)
www.rebeccalaw.typepad.com