Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

After 32 years of marriage we finally broke down and bought some nice dishes. After 20 years of using China I bought at Randalls (grocery store in Houston) for the bargain basement price of $0.79 per plate, I opted for something different. We usually buy a joint gift for our anniversary, so this year Dad-the-bad and I went to Puebla and picked out Talavera, which is a high-end pottery made and painted by hand. We actually bought a 12 place setting. Isn't he the best to pretend that he wanted to buy dishes for our anniversary gift?



8 comments:

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

I love your dishes!! They are beautiful! Heidi

MOM THE BOMB said...

Hey, Heidi! You have a blog? I'm going to have to check this out.

Bexie Funk said...

very pretty. i think we'll get some in about 30 years too!

Emily Hamilton said...

Cute dishes! Love them! Happy Anniversary!

Lindsey said...

Wow! Those are so pretty! I want some.

Katie said...

Wow, those are stunning!

rmreed said...

just make sure it's not lead paint

MOM THE BOMB said...

Don't worry. I checked that out before I paid.