Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Aren't I the great bargain hunter?

So, yesterday I decided to buy tickets online to go see Poodle. (Yes, she misses me!)
I found an awesome deal on Orbitz - tickets for $400 total. Considering the tax for international flights is $100 that's a pretty good deal from Mexico City. Problem is, the computer has been a little slow and I'm a little impatient. When it was doing the spinning thing and verifying my credit card, I thought it was done, and closed the window. Then I realized I never received a confirmation number. I went to my e-mail and no confirmation notice - which usually happens instantly. Being the intuitive person I am, I assumed that I had interrupted the process and didn't have a reservation. So I made another try. This time it worked, and I received a confirmation. I then checked my e-mail to verify, but alas, I had not one, but two confirmations. Nonrefundable is the key word here. So my great bargain turned out not to be so great. Anybody want to go to D.C? (You have to come to Mexico City first)

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

you do know that dad lives there too.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yes, dad went shopping with me and could care less about the decor.