Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Top ten things I learned in Cuernavaca

10. Although I may be a good guesser on exams, I am not an advanced spanish student.
9. There are two kinds of students in Cuernavaca; young college students and nearly dead. And
then there was me.
8. You have to be careful explaining medical terms in spanish.
7. Las maƱanitas (the birthday song of Mexico)
6. That they call Cuernavaca "The city of eternal spring" but it actually means cow´s horn.
5. How to make mole (a mixture of chicken, chocolate, and picante sauce, with other extraneous spices; in my opinion a shameful waste of chocolate calories.)
4. How to spread your food around your plate so it looks like you´ve eaten more than you have.
3. That even though the large freeway sign says "Periferico Norte" with an arrow pointing in that direction, doesn´t necessarily mean that periferico norte is in that direction. Sometimes they take 4 or 5 years (or longer) to take signs down after they´ve put them up for a detour.
2. That there are lots of brujas (witches) in Tepoztlan.
1. The meaning of the word golpe (dent) - Always pay for parking in Tepoztlan.




Me and Vanessa (my favorite classmate) in front of the "alternative medicine" display


Me making mole at our cooking class



My friends from University of Utah - Dan, Jessica, Jake and Jordan.


Beautiful view of Tepoztlan from atop the pyramids.

Mi familia mexicana - Roberto ( they gave him beer with his meals), rebecca, me and Perla (my mexican "mama")

6 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

and sadly i'm sure they give roberto contraceptics with his girlfriend. that's mexico.

poodle said...

mom, you're adorable.

BRANDON said...

i believe the word is contraceptive, Ashley

BRANDON said...

unless of course thats how it is spelled in spanish. if that is the case, my appologies.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Nope, that´s not how it´s spelled in EspaƱol. But she´s close, it´s contraceptivo. And thanks, Poodle!

Graytoppop said...

But I'm happy you're home again. I'm a better person when you are here.....