Friday, February 01, 2008

Funny Story

Yesterday I drove with some students from the University of Utah to Tepoztlan to view the pyramids, which happen to be on top of a mountain. I parked my car at the bottom along a cobblestone street and we hiked up the mountain. (It´s beautiful, by the way) We returned a couple of hours later and there was a note on my windshield as follows:

Si no tiene para el estacionamiento, espero que tenga
para arreglar el golpe.
Gracias.

¿Que pasó?

The first person to figure out what happened will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate or a free souvenier from Tepoztlan, whichever you prefer. (It does help if you know spanish, but a dictionary would do.)

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

did they hit your car?
Jerks.

rmreed said...

if you dont have the money for parking, i hope you have the money to fix the dent. - mine is better than shady's.

Graytoppop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MOM THE BOMB said...

True, yours was better, but Shady´s was first, and the FIRST one to interpret wins the prize. You can have the consolation prize. And Shady was right, they are jerks. In fact, my maestra told me they probably did it on purpose. She said sometimes they puncture people´s tires because they didn´t park in paid parking. We didn´t even see the paid parking - and there were no NO PARKING signs. Jerks!

MOM THE BOMB said...

P.S. Dad didn´t think it was a funny story.

Lindsey said...

Yeah, that's not too funny. I should go beat them up.

And Brother, she asked for what happened, not a translation. I translated it for Brandon, just not for the blog.

rmreed said...

This is what really happened...mom ran into something again and had her friends make up this note to look like someone hit her.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You´re just mad because you didn´t win the prize.

Larry Prater said...

Of course I don't know what really happened about your car, but I have lived in Tepoztlán for a year and a half and my opinion is that probably some of the offensive tourists from Mexico City left the note. I find the local people to be very nice, but the weekend tourists from Mexico City can be a little obnoxious. Sorry about your car.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Thanks, Larry. I never thought of that.