Thursday, May 31, 2007

THE OFFICE
Yesterday was officially my last day of working as a pediatrician at Alamo Heights Pediatrics, a place I have grown to love over the past three years. I received lots of hugs and kisses, flowers from my colleagues, a crystal butterfly from Kaitlyn, potpourri and a candle, and (my personal favorite) a drawing of a bouquet of hearts from a sweet boy named Joey. I didn't leave until 7:30 pm partly because we had tons of paperwork, and partly because it was difficult to make myself leave. For additional insight - meet the office:

Lindsay (Pediatrcian, owner and general manager): fabulous physician, expert in cardiology, passionate about her patients, witty, accomplished, insightful, great colleague.
Leah (Pediatrician): A bundle of energy, leader and public servant, very thoughtful, well-known in the community as expert physician for special needs children, juggler of family, home and career.
Beth (Medical assistant): Constant as the North Star, always on time, dependable, down-to-earth, predictable, non-complainer, very tactful, a "get the job done" kind of person.
Becky (Nurse): A fireball, initiator, fast-paced, can be a little bossy (to her advantage), a "go the extra mile" type person, motherly, confident, upbeat and opinionated.
Lindsay (Medical assistant): Great worker, easy-going, can be bold when the occasion demands, adaptable, able to take a stand, dependable, fun to work with.
Letty (Collections): Eternally happy and smiling, the first person you want to see in the morning, proud mom to five girls, aggressive about collections - in a very nice way, a "make it work" type person, knowledgable.
Lucy (Collections): A "no nonsense" gal, smart as a whip, very competent, a little guarded, down-to-earth, honest, tells it like it is.
Christine (front desk): Quiet and reserved, very polite and professional, good work ethic, pleasant.

My cousin once told me the hallmark of a great relationship is that you can look back and realize you're a better person for having known them. I can honestly say I'm a better person for having worked with these ladies. Thanks for a great three years!

No comments: