Monday, May 21, 2007


WHAT I LEARNED ON MY SUMMER VACATION


I recently had a great PAID vacation to Kohunlich (jungle and archeological ruins) and Cozumel (beach) compliments of Nextiraone Mexico. Not only did I have a great time, I learned:

- To dance! My husband also learned to dance, but only because I told him he was not a true mexican if he couldn't dance.
- That Mexicans are very animated and talk with their hands, which helps figure out the spanish. And if you don't know the words at least you can pretend to understand by nodding in agreement, acting disgusted, surprised, or merely stating Si! or No!? simply by watching them.
- That Mexicans truly know how to party.
- That it's not a great idea to stand under a tree staring at a monkey - they
tend to get irritated and can surprise you with a shower
- How not to throw up on a boat - Yes, I actually spent one hour on a small boat out in the ocean without puking once.
- Never buy a churro from a street vendor. (Said churro more than made up for not vomiting on the boat.
- New spanish vocabulary: mono/chango - monkey, chilango - person from Mexico (what my husband calls himself), codo - tightwad (what his colleagues call him), probecho - no true definition that I could elicit but they say it before a meal, like "bon appetit", beber - to drink (not water), and the difference between correr - to run and coger - (well just don't use that one)
- And the most important - I enjoy spending time with my husband and his friends and am looking forward to moving to Mexico.

3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

did you really say "coger" in mexico!??? poor mom!

Lindsey said...

Mom, you really are the bomb! You party more than I do!

Lindsey said...

PS- I love your blog makeover.