Sunday, May 27, 2007

MEN AND THEIR TOYS
Have you ever noticed that men LOVE electronics? OK, that's not a big surprise to anyone. But have you noticed that it's easier to get your man to the store if the trip has something to do with electronics?

Two recent conversations related to me by my friend:

Conversation #1
Dorothy: Craig, could we go to the mall? I need to get a purse.
Craig: I thought you had a purse.

Conversation #2 a few days later while watching TV

Dorothy: Is this picture a little fuzzy?
Craig: You're right. I think I need to get you a new television - there are some plasma screens on sale. I'll get the car.

Instead of getting frustrated about our differences, take advantage. If you want your husband/boyfriend to remember your birthday, mother's day, valentines, anniversary - suggest electronics - ipod, blackberry, computer, television, palm pilot, etc. For my husband it's not the big TV's he wants. He loves little business trinkets, ipods, but most of all CAMERAS. In fact, I got a new one for my birthday, even though I already had one.

Recent conversation while on vacation: (we were going out on a small boat)
Michael: "Did you remember your new camera?"
Me: "Of course. It's right here."
Michael: "Great, because I don't want to bring mine on this boat. It might get wet. Actually, when I bought your camera - it was kind of a little for me."
Me: "Really? I would have never guessed."

The good new is - no matter how many times I lose my camera, break it, drop it in the toilet, or wear it out - there will always be one waiting for me for the next big event. And an expensive one at that! So, I really can't complain.

No comments: