Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bored?

I don't think I'm going to be bored for awhile. The reasons:

1. Dad-the-bad and I will be teaching Institute (in Spanish) every wednesday evening.
I have to teach by myself on the days that he is out of town (fairly often.)
2. I continue to serve as RS president because they have not called a new bishop
for the International Ward.
3. That didn't stop the Palmas (Spanish) ward from calling me into the RS presidency
in their ward, so we attend both for now.
4. I just talked with the head of the ABC Hospital Amistad clinic, who is more than
delighted to have me work in their clinic (for free, of course, but I'll take
what I can get.) I even sent him my CV that I translated into spanish.
5. There is still plenty of work to do with the Refugio which we help, although I
decided to scale back after they took the $200(US) worth of food from Costco that
I bought for them (they had a gas leak in their stove and the children were using
it, which was dangerous, so I bought food that didn't need to be cooked and told
them to stop cooking and use the other food) and they sold it on the street
instead of giving it to the children. I don't think I trust them anymore.

No comments: