Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seven Days in Hawaii

Hawaii

Days 1 - 2

This is where I spent the first couple of days for several reasons:
I was sick
Dad-the-bad w
as "working"
It was raining

Two heavenly days of lying in bed feeling achy.




Day 3 - I got lost trying to find Pearl Harbor and ended up somewhere that looked like west Texas. In my defense -
it was raining, I didn't have my glasses, and I was having coughing fits.


Day 4 - We made it to Pearl Harbor. This is the U.S.S. Missouri.









Day 4 - Spent all day visiting the Hawaii temple (beautiful!)

and the Polynesian Cultural Center
(amazing show!)












We returned to Waikiki late that night only to find our hotel was on fire! The street was blocked off, and several fire trucks surrounded the building.

So, we pretended we were patrons at the Marriott across the street and hung out there until it was safe to return. We weren't able to park the ren
tal car at the hotel that night, however, which thrilled dad-the-bad because he saved $40 in hotel parking fees.



Day 5 was spent at church and hiking Diamondh
ead crater.









More hikes on Day 6 - beautiful waterfalls and breathtaking views






We wrapped it up on Day 7 with a trip to the North Shore and to
the Dole Pinea
pple plantation.
This is as close as we ever got to the beach.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fun! Mom you look so cute! I'm sick too now, and lying in bed all achy sounds great...

we are weird

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yep, we are. Enjoy your achy rest. I wish I was there to make you some chicken soup.

rmreed said...

Cool pics, what beach did you visit on the north shore?

MOM THE BOMB said...

Don't know. We had checked out of our hotel and didn't have swim suits. We stopped at a couple of them and took pics.

Ashley Erin said...

you can take me on the "business trips."

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yep. That's one of the "perks."