Monday, April 28, 2008

My weekend

My weekend consisted of:
-going to the Ashes and Snow exhibit
-having a ward party friday night and not being in charge
-spending Saturday at an orphanage where we put in a new playground, planted flowers, painted all of the inside rooms, built and stained "cubbies" for the kids clothes, had a clown show for the kids, distributed quilts, and held babies - all part of the best Eagle Scout Project I've ever seen
-going out to dinner at "El Lago" (a fabulous restaurant on a lake) with dad-the-bad
-getting four dozen pink roses (two from dad-the-bad and one from my filipino friend) as well as a beautiful box made from oyster shell
-having a new ward member from Costa Rica over and listening to his conversion story
and
-receiving phone calls, chats, and blogs from my kids for my birthday, definintely the best part of my weekend (tied with going to dinner with dad-the-bad)

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i'm glad you had a good birthday. That sounds like a really good project!

Ashley Erin said...

you deserve it mommy.

Graytoppop said...

I'm happy I rank up there with the kids.....

Melanie said...

Hi Susan! Long time... no see:) This is Marti Nelson's daughter - Melanie... I'm writing to seek some advice! I remember that you ran marathons while we were all in Katy. I've been training for a marathon - actually, this is my second try. The first time I got up to a 14 m long run and then got injured with IT Band problems and kept running on it until I could no longer. I'm trying for the second time now. I just came back from a run and I did something to my other knee - it seems I just turned too quickly on it or something b/c it wasn't hurting and then it was - really bad... I couldn't even kind of finish my run!!! Do you have any injury prevention or other marathon training advice?! I'm so sad & frustrated!!! OH - and how is everything? ha ha! It looks like you've been very busy & having lots of fun!! Mel