Monday, March 26, 2007

INSIGHT THROUGH HUMOR

One of the great thing about the funnies is that they provide a way that we can laugh about ourselves (and others.) I prefer the others part, but recently gained some insight from a particular comit that hit home.

COMIC: Sally Forth
BACKGROUND: Sally has been obscessing over her "crazy" mother who wants to come stay with her.

1st frame: Sally and her daughter, Hillary
Hillary: You still upset about grandma?
Sally: Oh, nothing for you to worry about, Hil.
Just be glad YOU have a sane, sensible mom.

Next frame: Hillary and her best friend
Friend: This is the same woman who bites off your chocolate easter bunny ears every year, right?
Hillary: And last Thanksgiving she pre-ate the turkey drumsticks.

What, me, crazy? Never!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

No, you are the woman that opens the ice cream carton to pre-test each new flavor every time we get home from the grocery store. Obsessively.

Ashley Erin said...

you are crazy. i'm glad you realized that. thanks for not sending me half eaten easter candy.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yes I take a spoonful of icecream from each and every carton that makes it into our freezer. There's a reason behind my obscession. I've at least figured out WHY I'm crazy.