Sunday, November 15, 2009

Paris

Adjectives that describe Paris:
interesting - i don't know what more to say about this one

impressive - The Eiffel tower, built in 1899 is quite an engineering feat

stunning - the Sacre cour was my favorite historical monument ,filled with intriquitely beautiful mosaiques

Historic - I went to this famous graveyard and took pictures of the graves of Chopin (for me) and Jim Morrison (for dad) but I'm posting this one, which was far more interesting. I did have trouble finding Jim Morrison's grave, until I saw a group of piercing-studded 20-somethings smoking in front of a grave. It was a dead give-away. (get it?)
Delicious - with a pastry store on nearly every corner we had a heyday. my personal favorite - apple tart
pedestrian-friendly - it is pretty easy to see the entire city on foot -and this "Promenade Plantee" was one of my favorite walks. very clean. very safe.

"beautiful and awestruck" - (Eiffel Tower interview)


and romantic - this ia a video we took during our Seine River 5-course dinner cruise.

6 comments:

bethy said...

i'm glad to see you edited your description of the Eifel tower.

Ashley Erin said...

you're so pretty. the more i see pictures of dad the more i realize i look just like him. it's scary.

Lindsey said...

I never really had a desire to go to paris, but these pictures make it look really fun.

I still doubt you had an eclair as good as yours.

MOM THE BOMB said...

yes, Fernash - the more pictures you see of dad the more you realize how good-looking he is!
and thanks, Shady. The eclairs were good, but I prefer vanilla filling, like mine.

Graytoppop said...

I convinced MTB to keep her blog G-rated.

The eclairs were good, but MTB's are better. But I could get an eclair every day!!!

And Fernash, you look like Grandma Reed. And so do I.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Wow! Paris! What a great trip.