Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Spanish is improving . . .

although admittedly, that's relative.
Two weeks ago during church, our Bishop announced a temple trip today with a baptism afterwards at the ward. I always listen intently so that I can understand everything being said. I thought I had it down, until this morning when DTB corrected me, saying that he had announced the baptism was to be this morning, followed by the temple trip. Disappointing - since I thought I had my despues/antes down. Come to find out, however, I was the one that had it right. Yahoo!
So we went to the temple first, and as we were sitting in the chapel waiting for a session, the gentleman in charge came over, nudged dad and asked him "ustedes son matrimonio?" (are y'all married) to which I answered "Si" and dad answered "No!" Our Bishop, sitting next to me interrupted and confirmed that we were indeed married. In spite of that, we were passed over and another couple was chosen for the assignment (dad's version is that he was asleep and didn't quite hear the question - actually quite plausible.)
So, I'm starting to have a little more confidence in my spanish - por fin!

3 comments:

rmreed said...

go mom! you are much better than i ever thought you would be.

Lindsey said...

Yep, don't let dad boss you around with his mexicanity.

Bexie Funk said...

that really is impressive mom! good job.