Monday, June 15, 2009

Bancas de Reforma

During the swine flu scare Mexico City was pretty empty. Everyone stayed in their houses with their masks on. (very interesting to me that they take such great precautions during a flu outbreak but never put their kids in car seats or seat belts) We decided to take advantage of the freedom from traffic and take pictures of the interesting benches that flank Reforma - the major thoroughfare through the city. Please vote for your favorite banca! Some had names, others didn't. Invent your own.


banca de circulo . . .







banca de cartas . . .















































banca de parejas amantes . . .










banca de hipopĆ³tomo




banca de jardin






sombrero de bruja















banca de arriba abajo . . .






banca de cubos. . .







banca de tapete volando . . .




banca de manos y pies . . .







banca de hombres . . .


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Apparently, someone didn't like amante numbero uno. That looks like fun!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yes, it was one of the funnest things we've done here.

Emily Hamilton said...

Wow! I can't decide which is my favorite. hmmmmmm. Hard choices.
I think I'm going to have to go with the man hanging upside down, though I'd be a bit nervous sitting on that sit, worried that he would fall on me.

Bexie Funk said...

i think i like the hippo and you guys are funny.

Ashley Erin said...

my co-worker says it's tapete not tarpeta. Glad y'all are having fun.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Tell her thanks. I just made it up.