Sunday, November 30, 2008

Grateful

In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I'm grateful for:
  • a wonderful two weeks with family

  • five beautiful, funny, caring daughters who are best friends

  • the best son anyone could ever hope for

  • three great son-in-laws

  • one awesome daughter-in-law

  • four of the funniest grandkids ever!

  • and one more to come . . .

  • a great husband who gives me opportunity for growth - and lots of it!

  • that we can afford plane tickets

  • that I got through immigration without problem (well that's not entireley true)

  • that Mike is stuck there instead of me

  • a job I love

  • knowing the truth

  • grandchildren who will make gingerbread houses with me even when it's more for me

  • coming home to a completely rennovated car - for now

  • having a driver when I want one and not when I don't

  • that my kids feel comfortable teasing me

  • my health

  • more blessings than I deserve

No comments: