Monday, October 29, 2007

Hugs all around!
Friday I gave Mario (our male maid) a hug. Considering all of the complaining I've done about him for - letting himself into our apartment while I was showering, leaving the windows open all day when it never gets over 40 deg F during the day, etc. I thought I should explain.
I came home from teaching friday and attempted to back my large SUV into the open garage. Being not great at any type of driving, let alone the backing type, I ran into the outside wall of the apartment building and knocked off the water faucet. Of course, water sprayed out and, without a faucet there was no stopping it. Mario to the rescue. He broke up his homemade broom and hammered the broomstick into the faucet hole, a feat I believed impossible. Then he went to get a new faucet and installed it, which is quite a feat, considering there was no way of turning the water off. I was so grateful to him I gave him a big hug! Who would've guessed (well about the hug part, not the accident.)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

See, Mario redeems himself sometimes. I'm glad you got that straightened up. What is it with you and I and being in reverse? Those stationary objects come from out of nowhere!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yep. It must be genetic.