Friday, January 06, 2012

The Wedding Planner

Last week I flew up to Dallas to help Ashley try on wedding dresses.
We had a great time getting the dress altered, and buying shoes and accessories.
It was quite an efficient day, as we arranged the florist, booked Pappasito's, completed arrangements for the wedding site, picked out flower girl dresses and even ordered favors.
I flew up with my purse and wedding binder, as I was only staying one day.
In the middle of my flight back to Houston, the pilot announced a problem with the landing gear. Instead of continuing to Houston, as would be most logical, they decided to turn around and return to Dallas. Since they were anticipating a possible "crash landing" we circled for about an hour trying to eliminate as much fuel as possible. The stewardess then started yelling "HEAD DOWN, STAY DOWN." Before I put my head down I peaked out the window and saw the runway, complete with police cars, ambulance, and fire trucks, all with lights flashing. Our landing was fairly smooth and they weren't needed. (phew) But we were sent to a hotel that night to try again the next morning.
So much for my efficient day as a wedding planner.
Sure had fun with Ashley and Landon, though!

6 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Wedding plans are so fun. I can't wait to see her in the dress. It will be a beautiful wedding.
P.S. I'm glad you're alright. That landing would be nerve racking.

browniemom said...

Now that is what I call an eventful day! Glad everything with the wedding is going well, and you had a safe landing!

browniemom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Erin said...

We had lots of fun with you too, mom! I'm glad we finished everything in one day.

Bexie Funk said...

i would have been in tears. i'm a baby!

Zita Pro said...

nice pic