Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Nashville cats

Highlights from our trip to visit the Funks:

Loveless cafe - the food: school lunch fries, flavorless, but juicy chicken, and great biscuits. the experience: couldn't be better! (and that's saying a lot for taking three kids out to dinner)

Caroline's soccer game: the photos tell it all




I'm not sure they were aware that they "lost" the game.

Cheekwood - a beautiful place, the kids were even excited about going through the museum. I loved every minute of it.


Here's how we occupied ourselves during Devin's surgery:



Poor little post-op Devin: hungry. drugged. hurting, but not knowing why.
The only things he said: to me "I want more crackers (or donuts, or . . .)", to Caroline - "stop looking at me!" (she was very interested in why his eyes looked "different.") Poor baby!
We can't wait to visit again!

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i love the pictures of caroline and graham. devin looks much better today!

Lindsey said...

That is the saddest picture of Devin I've ever seen! It makes me want to cry! Caroline looks pretty agressive at her soccer match, and Graham makes the funniest facial expressions.

Graytoppop said...

I enjoyed being in Nashville! It's a beautiful city. But being with family is great, no matter where!!

Emily Hamilton said...

Glad the surgery went well...poor guy, that looks painful. Such cute kids!
P.S. The soccer game looks like a riot. I love it.