Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Tunnels


We've been to the monastery at Desierto de los Leones many times and have taken almost every guest we've had, never realizing we were missing one of the funnest parts - the tunnels. A month ago we went with the Webers and Slacks from Houston. Angel drove and as I got out of the car he gave me his flashlight for our journey through the tunnels. I'd never even heard of them. They happened to be closed when we arrived, so we returned with friends today. I wish I had known sooner. Y'all will have to come back again to see them!Here we are exploring the tunnels - under the monastery. The flash makes it look light - but you can't see a thing without a flashlight. Fun!
our friends the Harts in front of the monastery

3 comments:

rmreed said...

I bet there is a tunnel down there that leads to Cuzco.

Lindsey said...

That looks really fun! It seems you find out something new about Mexico every week.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yep. We're definitely exploring.